Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still waiting...

So, not much news yet on the hurricane front. We are still waiting to see what is going to actually hit us. For the most part, as of right now, it looks like the majority of the storm is going to be north of us. We are expecting to get heavy rain and strong winds starting tomorrow afternoon. So, we'll see what happens. Please keep it all in your prayers, though!
I will try to blog again tomorrow with another update.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hanna Update

Well, I never actually thought about blogging about getting ready for Hanna to hit us. But, I have had several people e-mail me and tell me that they have checked our blog for a status and there wasn't one. So, I decided that I better write a blog about what is going on here.
First of all, of course, we are all fine. We are still having beautiful weather and I was outside in it all day at work today. Barely a cloud in the sky. John has been off work since Friday for the holiday weekend, and went back in this evening for a formation. He was told that as of right now, there have been no decisions to evacuate. Of course, there are all kinds of rumors flying around right now, of a voluntary evac. tomorrow with the mandatory evac. on Thursday, but that is again, just a rumor, and having to do with the civilian population. That has nothing to do with us. Our base commander will make the decision of when/if we go.
Of course, we are taking all precautions, keeping the car full of gas, keeping snacks and water handy. I have all of our important things in a box ready to throw in the car if need be.
But as of now, we are going about life as normal. We will both get up in the morning and head off to work as if it is another normal day. Nothing will change until we get the order.
I will keep you all updated as new information arises. Please pray for the wisdom of the people who are in charge all around us tonight, as I am sure lots of them are losing sleep.
More updates to follow tomorrow....