Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Continually Blessed.....

You know, God is just amazing. I say this for several reasons, but one in particular that just hit me last night. I had a KV meeting last night, a Christmas party. For those of you who don't know what KV is, it is Key Volunteers. It is an organization of Marine's spouses that are a support system for the Marine families. Mainly, we keep in touch with the spouses and family of Marines that are deployed and keep them up to date on things that are going on. The KVs are composed of Marine spouses and some of the 'higher ups' in the Marine Corps.
So, back to why God is amazing... So, I went to this Christmas party last night and was having a really good time talking to a few of the wives that I have become friends with. The question came up about where everyone is going for the holidays. As it turns out, one of the wives, whose husband is currently deployed, said that she was debating on just staying home with her 3 kids. She said that she would really like to go see her side of the family, but this is the year that they were supposed to go see his side. I asked her if his family would be mad if she went to her side of the family this year, even though her husband was deployed. And she said that it was already a huge blow up argument that she had with his family. I just can't even imagine. Having to deal with a deployed husband, especially during the holidays, then add 3 kiddos under the age of 5 to the mix, then an extended family who is constantly fighting. Poor woman, just seemed so stressed out.
I have always been thankful for both of our wonderful families, don't get me wrong. But, sometimes, God just likes to remind us how lucky and blessed we truly are.
Kim and I had this discussion the other night, about how the holidays are so much more than gifts and presents. It has become even more apparent to me since I have been away the last two years. Christmas time is about family. Spending time together and laughing and loving. So, where ever you are spending your holidays this year, be sure to make the most of it. Let your family know how much you love and appreciate them, and be mindful of those who aren't as lucky.
Merry Christmas, y'all!

1 comment:

amie said...

I'm going to make the most of it...right when I get off work at 7pm...I will never grow up and stop whining cause I have to work holidays!!!