Thursday, March 6, 2008

A few thoughts...

I realize it has been a while since I blogged. Sorry for that. I never said that I would be good at this. But, I do have a few things to post.

#1

I have been talking to the fam and extended fam back home and I hear that it is snowing there. That is AWESOME! Another reason that I wish I was home. But, I can't complain too much. I was at work yesterday and was just driving around and thinking about how beautiful the weather was. We had a few bad storms blow through on Tuesday night, so I don't know if that was why, but the sky was SO blue. It was a blue like I don't remember ever seeing. Ever. I tried to get a few pictures of it, but of course, I wasn't able to truly capture just how pretty it was. But here are a few anyway. This is on the fairway at 6.

I love the trees out here, with all the moss.
This is the Tee box at 8.
#7 Green
This is the view from the clubhouse of the #5 fairway and green and the 1st tee over to the left.
This was one of those days when it was 75 degrees out side with a light wind blowing, and I drove around all day thinking "I have the best job in the world! I get to work out side, at one of the premier golf courses, in the middle of Hilton Head, the golf mecca of the world, and get paid for it!" How cool is that?!
#2
I hate Wal-Mart!
You know, every stinkin time I go there, I have an incident that I think, "I have GOT to write about this on my blog!" Then, I get home and forget. But, here it is. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to do my grocery shopping, and every time I am there I swear that I will find somewhere else to shop. But, unfortunately, it is just the easiest.
So, yesterday, I was waiting in line for about 15 minutes. No biggie, I wasn't in a huge hurry. So, a new register opens up right next to me. The lady that was standing in front of me had two people standing in front of her, and she whips right over and starts putting her stuff on the belt thingy. The next lady, who was two up from me, just looks back at her with this distressed look on her face. She just cut in line. The cutter had a HUGE basket full of groceries, and the other lady had 4 kiddos who were obviously ready to go home. I felt so bad for her. So, I stepped in line behind the cutter, and when it was my turn, I got the other lady's attention, and let her go in front of me, because the people in front of her were taking forever. She just smiled and gave me a look of relief when she said thank you. You know, it is just a little thing, and it probably only saved her a few minutes, but she appreciated it, and I felt better for her.
Surely there is a better way of helping the right people, in order, when a new register is opened. Or maybe, just maybe, people should have a little bit more compassion. Who knows?
So, off my soap box, and moving on....
#3
This is my last thing for tonight, but I have just had this on my heart, so I thought I would share it. The other day, I was sitting at Sonic, waiting on my Medium Cherry Coke to be delivered. I pulled down my visor, where I have a few pictures. It's funny that I have these pictures because they are from college. One is of me and Emily on BidNight our Junior years, so we are dressed up in our old pledge uniforms. Totally silly. One is of me and Amie and Emily outside our dorm freshman year. Another is one that was taken in Arkansas of me and Ashley, the year that she went on vacation with us. Just a few random pictures.
But the thing that really made me think was a piece of paper that was torn off a Delta Theta note pad. It has my name at the top, with bubbles on the letters, go figure.
Let me explain, when we were all Sophomores at ACU, we pledged, and out of all of us girls, we pledged 3 different clubs. So, on Wednesday nights, before we went to our club meetings, we had a girls devo. This one particular night, I think that it was Amie that led the devo, and it was on Words of Encouragement. She brought this paper and gave a piece to each of us. We wrote our names on top, and then passed it around to everyone else. Everyone was supposed to write something positive about you. So, I still have that piece of paper, and it has been in my car ever since then. It has even managed to make the switch from my truck which I had at the time, to my new Civic.
So, on to the point... One of the comments that was written on my piece of paper said that the person had the most respect for me because "you never have a bad word to say about anybody".
Man, that is heavy. And I realized that since college, I have kind of gotten away from that. I started thinking and wondering, would anybody say that about me today?
So, I am starting over again. Kind of like a New Year's resolution, but in March. I am going to make it a point to be aware of the negative things that I say, and not say them. I don't know, maybe eventually, I won't even think them? At least that is the goal. :-)
So, that's all. Goodness, this was a long post. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I don't read these blogs very often, but I am glad I did tonight. You encouraged me to do better too.
Love you, Mom

Channing Conder said...

BB-sier,
I am over at Grandads house tonight. I really injoyed reading your blog. First of all I know how you feel....WALMART is always packed and everytime a new lane opens someone cuts in frount of the person. I think that is rude but that's walmart for you! And thats funny that you found old pictures I love looking at old pictures even if that person and you are no longer friends. Still good times! I think if everyone would really put the effort to not think bad things about a person then we would all be better off. Hope you have a good weekend. Heading to Billy bobs to see clay walker!!! It was so pretty here today 85 and sunny and beautiful. Thoes pictures were gegrous!!!! love ya!
Chan

amie said...

Just got around to posting on your blog...sorry!!! Loved all your pretty pictures..jelous of your great weather!! Thanks for the encouragment..even if it was for yourself, it rubbed off on me!!