Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some more catching up

Some more stuff... By the way, this is about to be all kinds of out of order, which is driving me nuts, but it's the best that I can do :-)

I found another picture of the Jane Wayne Day. This is of the rappel tower that we went down....Such a good time!!!



Okay, so picking up where I left off...
The next week after Jane Day weekend was this last weekend. We had a huge tournament at our golf course called the Brother Brother. Lots of golfers come from all around to play a two day tournament with their brothers. It was a very long weekend in which I worked about 40 hours in 3 days, served lots of free drinks, and just generally had a blast! The pairing party kicked it off on Thursday night before the tournament began on Friday morning. Saturday the tournament continued with a wrap party and awards banquet following. I met lots of fun new people and can't wait to see them all again. Although, with as much alcohol as I served, I am sure that the golfers would agree with me when I say, I am kinda glad that this only happens once a year, but it sure was fun!!!! (I think that there are some cute pictures from that weekend, but I am waiting for MARY to e-mail them to me....)

Now, that brings us to this week...
Monday night we had an appreciation banquet for all of the Key Volunteers. We had dinner and were entertained by a barbershop chorus. It was lots of fun and good conversation. Here are some pictures from Monday night...
This is a group picture of all of the MALS KVs that were at the banquet.
This is Kelli and me. She is John's CO's wife, and a sweet friend of mine.
And of course, my precious husband. He was so wonderful to brave this banquet with me. I think that he even ended up having a little bit of fun!


And that brings us to my last picture for this post. This one, I took today. I have a group of about 5 gentlemen that play at my golf course EVERY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I finally got a picture with them today. They always come into the restaurant and get bowls of soup for lunch. They have adopted me as their golf granddaughter. Hugs all around when they are there. Such a sweet group of boys!. Gene-o, Bob, me, and Chuckie
Chuckie actually has his own golf cart that he keeps at the club that says "Chuckie Boy" on it. They are so fun!
Okay, this is it for this post. I am about to do the first one of my "memory" posts.

No comments: